1. Library Sections
1.1 Technical Section
Technical Section is responsible for classification and cataloguing of the accessioned documents. In this section every document is entered into KOHA database. Dewey Decimal Classification system (23rd edition) is adopted for the classification of all the documents and the cataloging is based on MARC format that follows Classified Catalogue Code.
1.2 Circulation Desk
The library has a separate counter for Circulation Desk which is computerized and automated through KOHA Library Management Software. Borrowing of documents is allowed against valid library cards as per library circulation rules. The following duties are carried out by this section:
- Membership Registration
- Books issue and return using bar code scanners.
- Reservation and Renewal of documents
- Issue No Dues Certificate
1.3 Reference Section
Library maintains a separate reference collection consisting of Dictionaries, Directories, Encyclopedias, Handbooks, Rare books & Competitive General books, Bound Periodicals. It has a seating capacity of 45 for serious and intellectual reading.
1.4 Periodical Section
This section is situated in the first floor adjacent to the Reading Room and is mainly responsible for the management of periodicals subscribed by college library. Library subscribes a good number of national and international periodicals to satisfy the current information needs of both students and faculty. The current issues of the periodicals are displayed in the periodical racks.
2. Digital Library
Online Information Resources are vital for academic and research institutes in today’s knowledge economy. The Internet and other digital information resources provide students and teachers with the means to reach out to the world and extract the information that they find most interesting. With a variety of knowledge and information resources, facilities, and latest information and communication technologies available in this library, it is our earnest endeavor to help users to expand their knowledge, skills and performance. The library has a separate area exclusively devoted for a well-equipped digital library facility comprising of 10 computer terminals. This section acts as a gateway to a wide array of web based information sources, scientific literature including e-books and e-journals subscriptions of INFLIBNET-Nlist online consortia and can freely access the internet resources to supplement their academic learning. Our Library offers access to thousands of electronic books, journals, magazines, newspapers and many more. . In addition , a good number of open access resources are identified and linked to library OPAC.
2.1 Collection Statistics available in N-List
- e-journals : 6293
- e-books : 29309
3. Library rules and regulations
3.1 General Rules
- College identity card is compulsory for all users. This card is strictly non-transferable.
- All the personal belongings should be kept at the property counter
- Reference books will not be issued to any users
- Strict silence should be observed in the library and its precincts
- Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resource.
- Students are required to sign in the register while entering and exit.
- Use of Mobile phones is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Users are allowed to carry only blank sheets of paper/ note book and pen with them to the library.
- Library follows open access system and the users should not carry books from one floor to another and should leave the books on reading table after consulting.
- Newspapers, Magazines and Journals must be read only in the library on specific tables and should not be taken to any other reading areas.
- Students should not disturb the arrangements of the library furniture.
- Students should take care of cleanliness of the library.
3.2 Circulation Rules
- Books will be issued between 9.30 am and 4 pm.
- Reference documents like Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Year Books, Journals, Project Reports, and Handbooks etc. are only for consultation within the Library premise. Any Reference Books can be lent out overnight, after getting permission from the librarian.
- All borrowed materials must be returned on or before the due date.
- Absence from the college will not be admitted as excuse for delay in returning books.
- Students are not allowed to borrow books on behalf of others or transfer borrowed materials to other students.
- Readers should not mark, underline, write, tear pages or otherwise damage the resources of library in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource.
- Library materials may not be taken outside the library unless the library staffs have properly issued them out.
- All new arrivals of books will be displayed in separate rack at the entrance for one month; users may reserve such books and will not be issued during that period.
- The Librarian reserves the right to recall items issued at any time, even before the due date.
- All items need to be returned to the Library, for Physical Verification once in a year irrespective of the date of issue and category of users.
3.3 Digital Library Rules.
- Library computers are strictly for academics ONLY.
- Upon entry into the Digital Library section users must sign in the register.
- One person is allowed to use one computer for a maximum of one and half hours
- Online chatting, browsing of social networking sites, playing games and other non- academic activities are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED. Any person found guilty of such will be ordered to leave or else face disciplinary actions.
- Changing the settings and display of the computers kept in the Library is not permitted.
- DO NOT INSTALL OR UNINSTALL any software program(s).
- Users should not remove/unplug computer cables/connections, network cables and other peripherals/accessories in the library.
- Personal keyboard, mouse, etc are not allowed inside the Library.
- Students must take care of their Pen drives, CD/DVD ROMs, mobiles and wallets etc.
- All LAPTOPS users must be in one designated place (Laptops Section).
4. Library collection
4.1 Arrangement of the collection
Books are arranged on the shelves according to Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC), a scientific scheme of classification. This type of arrangement will help to keep the books on the same subject together with those on related subjects coming next to them. Open access facility is provided in the library to help the reader browsing the stack and selecting the books of his/her choice.
5. Library Services
The College library offers a range of services for academic and research pursuits.
- Reference Service
- Book reservation service
- Bibliographic compilation
- User awareness service
- Serials service
- Question bank
- Current Awareness Service
- New Arrivals Display
- Bulletin board service
- Books for Competitive Exams / Career guidance
- Back issues of journals for reference
- Remote access to e-resources subscribed by library is available to users using username & password given by library
6. Library Access
6.1, Library Membership
Membership of the library is open for the teaching staff, students and non-teaching staff of the college. A non-member is not admitted to the library except for special permission from the Principal. The Identity Card which issued to the students from the College is also their Library Membership Card. Books are issued to the users on the production of valid Identity Card. In the case of staff (Teaching & Non-teaching) membership is allowed only after submitting duly filled in and signed membership form which they can collect from the Circulation Desk, recommended by the concerned HoD or office order of joining the institute before the approval of the Librarian. The members are supposed to be conversant with and agreeable to the Library rules.
6.2 Book Lending Facility
Borrower categories and their entitlements:
||Maximum no. of Books issued
||Rs.1 per day
||Rs.1 per day
||Rs.1 per day
||Rs.1 per day
|Guest & Visiting Faculty
||Rs.1 per day
||Rs.1 per day